D05: OPEN DOOR POLICY
At Edison International Academy, we operate an Open Door Policy to parents.
The purpose of this policy is to encourage open communication, feedback and discussion. We value the input parents make to the school.
If parents have any worries or concerns about their child’s education, then we believe that it is far better that parents come into school and discuss them – in the first case with the class teacher, then with a member of the Senior Leadership Team and then the Principal. Following this process allows issues to be resolved and explained. Staff will listen to parents’ concerns and work with them to resolve any issues that you might have.
Staff and parents are expected to be reasonable and fair to all parties. It is in the best interests of all our children to work together. We are able to maintain our ‘Open Door Policy’ by requesting parents’ co-operation with the following rules:
All visitors to the school must report to the school office upon arrival.
- Class teachers will usually be available for an Open Door meeting at the end of the school day, from 1 PM to 2 PM. In some cases, the teacher may not be available for genuine reasons and a different meeting time should be arranged.
- If parents feel that the matter needs more than 10 minutes to discuss and/or is of a more serious nature, then parents should phone the school office to make an appointment to see the member of staff at a mutually convenient time. Parents need to state the purpose of the meeting request.
- Staff may also be available to take phone calls, when they are not available please leave a contact number so that the member of staff may call you back at a different time.
- At the beginning of the school day and during working hours, the main school is only accessible to parents, however, classrooms are out of bound for the security of our pupils.
- At no time should parents raise their voices at staff, particularly in front of children. Aggressive or threatening behaviour is similarly unacceptable. Anyone who misuses the Open Door Policy may be asked to leave the school remises and future meetings will only be held after a prior appointment is made.
We welcome applications for the upcoming term. We invite parents to visit the admission page and become acquainted with the process and send an application